Sunday, March 20, 2005

Yaaaaa Maaaan

So this weekend was no ordinary weekend for me myself and I. At three o´clock on a friday afternoo my twin sister decides that we should go to Djúpivogur (Deep Creek) up east to listen to our aunt sing at the local bar where the italian artist festival was held. I had work until six, but decided to skip and take the chance of a perhaps being fired once again...

So the ride normally takes 7 hours, but Juicy´s right foot was bothering her a bit so she stept on it and got us there in 5 hours. Deep Creek is a small fishing village, not unlike Grindavík, but has only around 300-400 people. In the icelandic lingo Deep Creek is called "Congo" because the first people to settle there was an african and his icelandic wife. In Congo, like you can imagine there is always something going on and this time our aunt was singing a jazz song with her husband at this italian art festival. Needless to say my aunt kicked some ass and got offered a record contract, hey maybe I will join her and sing vocals for her new album and become the singer Kiwi has always said I am... After a long night of drinking I have a habit of calling people in different countires from my cell phone and this time I managed to phone three countries, Sweden, North-America and New-Zealand. Please support this bad habit of mine and donate money to this account:

0143-1001

On our way home we decided to get home safely and my twin drove. The weather was awesome and the glaciers and mountains were incredible. We decided to stop at the biggest glacier in Europe, Vatnajökull, where one of the James Bond films where filmed. Good old Ólöf was of cours not wearing hiking gear or other suitable clothing, so she hiked the place in her slippers and shorts. You can imagine how that went, I got stuck in the mud and got dirt all over me trying to get back on track. I had to completely change my outfit in the parking lot coz I was so dirty I couldn´t do it in the car. I got a couple of hunks from cars passing by and some even stopped to take pictures and laugh at me. Perhaps one of the 5 most imbarrassing moments of my unlucky life...

The rest of the ride home was smooth and troubleless. From now on I am going to think things through before doing them and stop this cell phone calls to foreign countries... I am also going to keep my job and stop the ass shaking dance I tend to do after I have had one too many...

Batnandi mönnum er best að lifa! Hasta la vista baby

2 Comments:

At 5:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

while the ideas in the last paragraph are well intentioned, as i was reading it i couldn't help but think...doubtful, not likely, hopefully, and please don't be serious...

the american

 
At 5:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehe.. mr. american, u might be right. I will never stop giving random foreign people calls in the middle of the night, I will lose my jobe eventually and who am I kidding, the ass shaking dance is my trademark, and the product will never be sold if the trademark is missing

hahaha. thanx for being honest:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home